Theory Wins Futurity Stakes at Belmont Park
Belmont Park in Elmont, New York played host to the $200,000 Futurity Stakes on Saturday, October 15. A quality group of two year olds took to Belmont Park's dirt track and dashed six furlongs. China Horse Club and WinStar Farm's 1-5 race favorite Theory provided the impressive 3 1/2 lengths win for trainer Todd Pletcher in his graded stakes debut. 8-1 fourth choice Star Empire finished second in the field of five while Moves Like Ali got in for third at 6-1 odds. The Walk finished fourth while 9-2 second choice Reckling trailed and never threatened.
2016 Futurity Stakes Race Results & Payoffs
- $2 Exacta (2-5) Paid: $15.20
- $1 Trifecta (2-5-1) Paid: $23.40
- $1 Superfecta (2-5-1-3) Paid: $69.50
- $2 Daily Double (3/2) Paid: $25.80
- $2 Pick 3 (6/3/2) Paid: $103.00