Taris Wins La Cañada Stakes at Santa Anita Park
Las Vegas, NV - Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California was the scene of the $200,000 Grade 2 La Cañada Stakes on Saturday, January 16 - a 1 1/16 miles test for older fillies and mares. It was Taris that emerged victorious by an easy 5 1/4 lengths in her two-turn debut as even money favorite. Birdatthewire finished second at 7-2 odds in the short field of just five while 9-5 second choice Yahilwa got in for third. Illuminant was fourth followed by Oscar Party who was eased early on. Honey Ride and Tara's Tango scratched.
2016 La Cañada Stakes Race Results & Payoffs
- $2 Exacta (7-6) Paid: $10.20
- $2 Trifecta (7-6-5) Paid: $15.20
- $1 Superfecta (7-6-5-2) Paid: $14.70
- $2 Daily Double (5/7) Paid: $89.40
- $2 Pick 3 (4/5/7) Paid: $2,210.40