Sporting Chance Wins Hopeful Stakes at Saratoga Race Course
The $350,000 G1 Hopeful Stakes was contested Labor Day Monday, September 4 at Saratoga Race Course in Saratoga Springs, New York. Two year olds saddled up and raced seven furlongs on Saratoga's dirt track. Robert Baker and William Mack's 5-1 third betting choice Sporting Chance made a good late move and prevailed by a neck over 3-1 favorite Free Drop Billy who settled for second. Givemeaminit finished a head back in third at 6-1 odds. Firenze Fire was fourth in the field of eight, followed home by National Flag, Oskar Blues, 3-1 second choice Mojovation, and Psychoanalyze.
2017 Hopeful Stakes Race Results & Payoffs
- $2 Exacta (6-8) Paid: $56.00
- $1 Trifecta (6-8-7) Paid: $127.75
- $1 Superfecta (6-8-7-3) Paid: $904.00
- $2 Daily Double (7/6) Paid: $109.00
- $2 Pick 3 (1/7/6) Paid: $752.00