Harness Racing's most exciting race, the 74th renewal of the $642,000 pacing classic "the Little Brown Jug" will take place on Thursday, September 19th in Delaware, Ohio over the most famous half mile track in the world at the Delaware County Fairgrounds.
Racing kicks off on Sunday, September 15th and concludes after five days of the best racing in North America with the Little Brown Jug on Thursday, September 19th.
When is the Little Brown Jug?
The Little Brown Jug is on Thursday, September 19, 2019.
Where is the Little Brown Jug?
The Little Brown Jug is raced at the Delaware County Fairgrounds in Delaware, Ohio.
Where can I watch the Little Brown Jug?
You can watch the Little Brown Jug live on OffTrackBetting.com.
Where can I bet on the Little Brown Jug?
You can bet on the Little Brown Jug online at OffTrackBetting.com! All members have access to Little Brown Jug horse race betting, Little Brown Jug odds, horse racing results, live video, replays and cash back rewards.
1st Elimination - $128,000
- 1. Caviart Rockland (Dexter Dunn/Nancy Johansson)
- 2. De Los Cielos Deo (Yannick Gingras/Ron Burke)
- 3. Shake The House (Brian Sears/Chris Oakes)
- 4. Southwind Ozzi (Brian Sears/William MacKenzie)
- 5. Air Force Hanover (Simon Allard/Rene Allard)
- 6. U S Captain (Jason Bartlett/Tony Alagna)
- 7. Stag Party (David Miller/Casie Coleman)
2nd Elimination - $128,000
- 1. Semi Tough (Matt Kakaley/Ron Burke)
- 2. Lyons Johnnyjnr (Tim Tetrick/Jo Ann Looney-King)
- 3. Quatrain Blue Chip (Aaron Merriman/Chris Oakes)
- 4. Artie's Ideal (Marcus Miller/Erv Miller)
- 5. First N Fast (Brett Miller/Blake MacIntosh)
- 6. Spectrum (A. Miller-Bongiorno/Nick Surick)
- 7. American Mercury (Tyler Buter/Chris Oakes)
- 8. Escapethebeach (Joe Bongiorno/Tony Alagna)
2nd Heat - $384,000
Fifteen Colts Enter $640,000 Little Brown Jug
Quartet heads field for the 74th pacing classic - The quartet of Southwind Ozzi, Shake That House, American Mercury and Stag Party lead a balanced field of 15 for the $640,000 Little Brown Jug, presented by the Ohio Harness Horsemen's Association, to be held Thursday, September 19th at the Delaware County Fair.
Southwind Ozzi is coming into the Jug with five wins in his last six starts, including the $253,000 Pennsylvania Sire Stake Final.
The son of Somebeachsomewhere has won $515,263 for Vincent Ali, Jr. and Alma Iafelice. He has won 7 of 9 seasonal starts.
Southwind Ozzi, who is trained by Bill MacKenzie, will leave from post four in the first elimination. Brian Sears was named to drive.
Shake That House will leave from post three in the same elimination. The American Ideal colt has earned $452,804 during his career for Crawford Farms Racing, Alan Johnston and Northfork Racing Stable.
Chris Oakes trains the $500,000 Max Hempt Memorial winner and Sears was also listed to drive Shake that House.
Rounding out the first elimination contenders will be Stag Party from post seven. Although he is winless this season, he has earned $160,118 in 2019 and $674,486 during his 23 race career.
The Better's Delight bay colt is owned by John Fielding, Mac Nichol, McKinlay & Fielding and trainer Casie Coleman's West Wins Stable.
Coleman is a three time Jug champ and has asked the five-time Jug champion David Miller to drive.
The $500,000 Messenger Stakes champion, American Mercury drew into the easier of the two eliminations, but will have to overcome post seven to advance to the $384,000 Jug Final.
American Mercury has finished in the top three in all ten starts this season and has only missed the board in once during his 17 race career.
Chria Oakes trains the American Ideal for Crawford Farms Racing, Northfork Racing Stable, Chuck Pompey and Scott Bice. Jug rookie Tyler Buter was listed to drive.
- Sunday, September 15th, 2019 *Post Time 1:00 pm*
- Monday, September 16th, 2019 *Post Time 3:00 pm*
- Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 *Post Time 1:00 PM*
- Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 (Jugette Day) *Post time 11:00 AM*
- Thursday, September 19th, 2019 (Little Brown Jug) *Post Time 11:00 AM*
Top 10 Little Brown Jug Eligibles
74th Edition on September 19, 2019
Week #6 (Final Week) - September 10, 2018
1. (Last Week #4) Southwind Ozzi (1:48; $515,263)
Owners: Vincent Ali, Jr. (NJ) and Alma Iafelice (NJ)
Trainer: Bill MacKenzie Driver: Brian Sears
2. (Last Week #1) Captain Crunch (1:47.2s; $1,303,190)
Owner: 3 Brothers Stables (NY), Christina Takter (NJ), Rojan Stables (DE) and Caviart Farms (VA)
Trainer: Nancy Johansson Driver: Scott Zeron
3. (Last Week #2) American Mercury (1:49.4s; $508,463)
Owners: Crawford Farms Racing (NY), Northfork Racing Stable (PA), Chuck Pompey (PA) and Scott Bice (ON)
Trainer: Chris Oakes Driver: Tyler Buter
4. (Last Week #6) Captain Victorious (1:48.3f; $433,278)
Owners: The Captain V Stable (PA)
Trainer: Ron Burke Driver: Yannick Gingras
5. (Last Week #3) Best In Show (1:48; $539,138)
Owners: Richard Young (FL) and Joanne Young (FL)
Trainer: Linda Toscano Driver: Brian Sears/Bob McClure
* Is eligible to supplement into the Little Brown Jug for $45,000
6. (Last Week #5) Shake That House (1:47.3s; $539,138)
Owners: Crawford Farms Racing (NY), Alan Johnston (NY), and Northfork Racing Stable (PA)
Trainer: Chris Oakes Driver: Tyler Buter/Brian Sears
7. (Last Week #10) U S Captain (1:50.1; $165,783)
Owners: Brittany Farms (KY), Bradley Grant (ONT), Joseph Barbera (NY) & U S Captain Racing (KY)
Trainer: Tony Alagna Driver: Dexter Dunn/Jason Bartlett
8. (Last Week #9) Stag Party (1:50.4; $660,295)
Owner: John Fielding (ON), Mac Nichol (ON), McKinlay & Fielding (ON) and West Wins Stable (ON)
Trainer: Casie Coleman Driver: Jonathan Drury
9. (Last Week #NR) Wild Wild Western (1:51.2f; $186,793)
Owner: Jacobs Creek Racing (PA), Andrew Altobelli (PA) and John Deters (MI)
Trainer: Norm Parker Driver: Mike Wilder
10. (Last Week #NR) Air Force Hanover (1:50.1f; $233,138)
Owner: Go Fast Stable (OH), Gilbert Short (VA) and Kapildeo Singh (NY)
Trainer: Rene Allard Driver: Simon Allard
Can't make it to the track? Watch and wager on the Little Brown Jug with OffTrackBetting.com. All harness racing wagers made through OTB are directly commingled into track pools, so you can play all of your favorite bet types with confidence, knowing that you'll receive full track odds on all wagers made with us. And with free, high-quality video, you can watch the races online or with your mobile device. OffTrackBetting.com is US-based and legal and licensed, and we promise you superior customer service and the best online wagering experience in the industry.