Kentucky Oaks Sets Back to Back Attendance and Wagering Records
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (May 6, 2016) – A record-breaking 124,589 fans watched Cathryn Sophia capture the 142nd running of the $1 million Longines Kentucky Oaks (Grade I) at Churchill Downs Racetrack. Perfect weather contributed to an outstanding day of racing and a crowd that broke the previous attendance record of 123,763 set just last year.
Wagering from all-sources on the full Kentucky Oaks Day race card was the highest all-time and totaled $49.0 million, an increase of 6% over the previous record 2015 total of $46.1 million. All-sources wagering on the Kentucky Oaks of $15.0 million was 2% down from 2015’s record- setting $15.2 million.
On-track wagering on the Kentucky Oaks Day race card of $12.0 million was flat to 2015. On-track wagering on the Kentucky Oaks race of $3.0 million was down 4% from 2015’s record-setting $3.1 million.
OTB Race Previews & Odds
- Maryland Million Distaff at Laurel Park - Oct 24
- Maryland Million Turf at Laurel Park - Oct 24
- Maryland Million Sprint at Laurel Park - Oct 24
- Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park - Oct 24
- Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine - Oct 24
- Bet Belmont Park - Sep 18 to Nov 1
- Bet Keeneland - Oct 2 to Oct 24
- Bet Santa Anita Park - Sep 25 to Oct 25