Linda Rice, winning trainer of Palace (No. 6): "[Palace] is a really talented horse, and when he is good I need to use him because on several occasions I've needed to stop on him, turn him out, and give him a break. When a horse is doing as well as he is, I don't know how long I can keep him that good."
"He's such a special horse, and [owner Antonino] Miuccio has allowed me to stop on him, turn him out, and give him a break whenever he needs it, and it's obviously paid off."
Cornelio Velasquez, winning jockey aboard Palace (No. 6): "I wanted to break good and stay in good position behind the speed. I had a lot of horse. When the opening came, I was in good position. I think my horse is the best sprinting horse now."
Brian Lynch, trainer of eighth-place finisher and beaten favorite Clearly Now (No. 8): "He never got involved in the race. It looked like he was starting to make a bit of a move, but that was it. Everything seemed like it was on 'play' and the pace was cooking up front. I thought as he started to make a move that we were coming into contention, but we got [stacked] wide a little bit around the turn, and after that he stayed on that inside lead."
Jose Lezcano, jockey aboard beaten favorite and eighth-place finisher Clearly Now (No. 8): "My horse never got involved in the race. I don't know what was going on, that's all I can say. He never jumped today. He was never on the bridle. He just didn't do anything today."
OTB Race Previews
- Pegasus World Cup Field & Odds | Jan 29
- Pegasus World Cup Turf Field & Odds | Jan 29
- Pegasus World Cup Filly & Mare Turf | Jan 29
- Sir Winston Looks To Upset Pegasus World Cup
- G3 Toboggan Stakes at Aqueduct | Jan 29
- Houston Ladies Classic at Sam Houston | Jan 30
- Dubai Racing Carnival | Jan 14 - Mar 26
- Pegasus World Cup 2022 | Jan 29
- Bet Aqueduct Winter Meet | Dec 9 - Mar 27
- Bet Gulfstream Park at OTB | Dec 3 - Apr 3
- Bet Sam Houston at OTB | Jan 6 - Apr 9
- Bet Santa Anita Park at OTB | Dec 26 - Jun 19