Laurel Park is an American thoroughbred racetrack located just outside Laurel, Maryland which opened in 1911. The main track is 1-mile 600 feet oval with a 7 1/2 furlong chute to first finish line. The turf track is 7/8 mile and inset 254 feet from the main track.
Laurel Park History
Laurel Park Racecourse opened October 2, 1911 under the direction of the Laurel Four County Fair. Philip J. Dwyer and James Butler purchased the track in 1914 and in 1947 it was sold to the Maryland Jockey Club, who sold it to the Schapiro family in 1950. The track was renamed Laurel Race Course and from 1950 - 85 it quickly expanded. The track went back to name Laurel Park in 1994 and has since undergone continuous improvements and renovations.
The main course was redone in 2005 and was raised and widened from 75 to 95 feet and it now features one-turn mile races. The track's composition of 89 percent sand and 11 percent silt and clay is identical to the old Laurel dirt surface. The new turf course was widened from 75 feet to 142 feet and accommodates six track configurations.
Laurel Park Live Horse Racing Schedule
September - March
Wednesday - Saturday
Laurel Park Layout
Main Track: One mile 600 feet oval.
Distance from last turn to finish line: 1,419 feet.
Turf Course: 7/8 miles.
Distance from last turn to finish line: 1,089 feet.
Post Time at Laurel Park
First post 1:10 pm Eastern
12:35 pm starting Saturday, November 2nd
Laurel Park Track Code
Win, place, and show: 18%
Daily Double and Exacta wagering: 21%
Trifecta and Superfecta wagering: 25.75%
Pick-3 and Pick-4: 25.75%
Current Weather Conditions at Laurel Park
Laurel Park Contact Information
PO Box 130
Laurel, MD 20725
198 Laurel Race Track Road
Laurel, MD 20724
|Race Tracks||Time (EST)|